November 22, 2010

Sonny & The Sandwitches - "Throw My Ashes Off The Pier When I Die"

San Francisco's Sonny Smith, the bright talent behind Sonny & The Sunsets and the vast 100 Records exhibition that's been traveling around the country, just announced that he will be releasing four songs from the latter project as a 7-inch. While many of the band's featured in Smith's 100 Records are fictional creations, Sonny & The Sandwitches is simply a collaboration with the fellow San Francisco band's Grace Cooper and Heidi Alexander. The record, due out on December 11th from Endless Nest, can be pre-ordered here. Grab the first of four tracks, "Throw My Ashes Off The Pier When I Die," below.

Sonny & The Sandwitches - "Throw My Ashes Off The Pier When I Die"

Here's another track from 100 Records: Earth Girl Helen Brown singing "Story of An Earth Girl"

2 comments:

  1. i wish we could hear them all... or at least a sampler of each. the project is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously. I know you can get 10 of them on 7-inches here: http://turnuprecords.com/shop/vinyl/preorder-sonny-smiths-100-records-volume-2-i-miss-the-jams/ But that's seriously expensive. $45 for 10 songs.... Hopefully more will continue to surface on the interweb.

    ReplyDelete