August 21, 2009

Deer Tick - "These Old Shoes"

I recently wrote about Deer Tick's wonderful Born On Flag Day. It's a record that's hard to put down: classic and full of as much soul as dirt and grime. The band's previous record, War Elephant, ain't bad either. I've been especially prone to repeated listening of "These Old Shoes," a sort of old time folky love song with the evolving chorus: "I will take this old train to get to you... I will take these old shoes to get to you." Portlanders can catch the band when they play free shows September 16th and 17th.

Deer Tick - "These Old Shoes" (from War Elephant)
Deer Tick - "These Old Shoes" (live acoustic from Laundromatinee and MOKB radio)

Deer Tick

1 comment:

  1. Nice looking old shoes, Old is gold that's why old things can't be ignored, It's a record that's hard to put down: classic and full of as much soul as dirt and grime, with roxy sandals uk I enjoyed ever.

    ReplyDelete