April 26, 2011

Thee Oh Sees - "I Need Seed"

Yesterday, San Francisco's wildly prolific psych-rockers Thee Oh Sees released the first single from their forthcoming June 14th release, Castlemania. "I Need Seed" is a typically out-of-this-world acoustic ditty that features the John Dwyer-sung chorus, "I need seed, I need seed / Throw off the grass, throw up the trees." The 16-song double LP includes three cover songs: "I Won't Hurt You" by the West Coast Pop Art Experimental Band, "If I Stay Too Long" by The Creation, and "What Are We Craving?" by Norma Tanega. William Keihn makes a dazzling return here as Thee Oh Sees de facto album artist with the mind-bending, ghoulish, and monster-themed cover for Castlemania. My only complaint here is that the band didn't put the LP out on their own label, Castle Face Records. I mean, right? That would've been castle-tastic.

Pre-order the 2xLP from Midheaven Mailorder.

Thee Oh Sees - "I Need Seed" (from Castlemania)

Thee Oh Sees

No comments:

Post a Comment